Facebook

Lisa Bennett's facebook profile

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 6 October 2008

    My Thoughts On... The Bible


    This is a post i've been meaning to do for a while.

    I have to say, and I don't mind saying, I do not believe in the Bible! I consider myself Agnostic.

    ag·nos·tic
    (g-nstk)
    n.
    1.
    a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
    b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
    2. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.
    adj.
    1. Relating to or being an agnostic.
    2. Doubtful or noncommittal: "Though I am agnostic on what terms to use, I have no doubt that human infants come with an enormous 'acquisitiveness' for discovering patterns" William H. Calvin.

    Now don't get me wrong. I do believe in a lot of things, such as the afterlife, reincarnation, ghosts, spirits, etc, but I simply cannot believe in what The Bible says.

    This post came to a head today, when I was PREACHED on Facebook, by someone, who posted to me as follows:-

    'I'm a Christian and although we are taught to love all people (I'm sure you are lovely) we are also told that gay sexual relationships are not God's way.'

    Now you can imagine how I felt about this comment! I HIT THE ROOF!

    How fucking dare someone tell me that it's not 'God's Way' for people to be gay! We're not MADE GAY, we're BORN GAY! This is what's got my back up enough to finally put this post together!

    Who is this 'God' everyone talks about? It's a character in a book! There is no FACT that states God is real. Has anyone ever seen this person they call God? No! Oh, no, wait, some bloke called Jesus has seen him. But hang on, isn't he also a character in a book?

    I know i've said this before, but i'm gonna say it again. The Bible is a 2,000 year old Harry Potter book! Think about it! It's full of stuff that can't actually happen! Full of hearsay, myth, and conjecture.

    If JK was alive 2,000 years ago (and who's to say The Bible wasn't written by a descendant of hers) Harry Potter could well be Jesus, Dumbledore could be God, and Voldermort could well be the Devil lol. Sounds ridiculous? Welcome to the stories in The Bible!

    Here's one story from the Bible many have challenged, so let's challenge this one first...


    There are OVER 6 MILLIONS DIFFERENT TYPE OF ANIMALS on the planet, including insects.

    With that in mind, let's say we had to have 2 of each, we'd be looking at OVER 12 MILLION PAIRS OF ANIMALS.

    That's like the average audience of an episode of Eastenders!

    Now build an Ark, to put these 12 MILLION animals on it. How much wood this would require, I have no idea. I'm guessing the Ark would need to be at least the size of London, to enable so many animals to be on board, if not bigger!

    To give you an idea, it would need to be at least (I believe) 40 miles long and 25 miles wide!

    IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!

    That blows the Noah's Ark story out of the water lol.

    Now what about what we know as fact, against what it states in The Bible.

    The Bible states Adam & Eve were the first humans on the planet. So there they are, having sex, growing an adams apple, and populating the world. Then what? Did they get eaten by the Dinosaurs that walked the earth millions of years later? I'm confused!

    So, we started as apes.
    Of all the apes in the world, only two of them grew/developed into Adam & Eve, who then populated the world.
    Adam & Eve are seen to be sexy human beings, in a lush greenland environment known as Eden, walking, talking to God, and learning the ways of the world.
    If that's the case, then why were the cavemen/prehistoric men, who supposedly came after them, but were more apes like than human beings, so 'ug ug ug', and not so 'ere luv, grab us an apple'?

                                          


    It just doesn't make sense! None of it bloody makes sense! 

    And what's this crap about walking on water, turning water into wine, parting the red sea, talking bushes, and some bloke dying on a cross, only to come back to life months later, like Sleeping Beauty after a long sleep?!

    I'm sorry, but if you ask me, it's all a load of crap! I don't believe a word of it, and I really don't understand anyone who does!

    Ok, it's nice to have a belief system, but you're more likely to win a game of Quidditch, than be able to feed 5,000 people on one loaf of bread, even if it was a footlong from Subway lol!

    If there was such a thing as God, why is there so much death, war, destruction, illness and suffering in the world?


    We weren't created by God! We were created through evolution. We started as nothing, and grew, like all the animals and species around us, into what we are today, and we'll continue to evolve, both physically, as well as mentally, making this planet even greater than it already is (if the ozone layer doesn't kill us first!).


     
    I'm with Bob Geldof on this one!
    THERE IS NO GOD!

    No comments: